Helpful Fishing Trip Links & Information

  • Non-residents can buy a Fishing License and Outdoor Card on-line here
  • Non-residents can buy a Hunting License and Outdoor Card on-line here
  • Ontario Fishing Regulations Page
  • Ontario Hunting Regulations Page
  • F° to C° Converter
  • Weight Vs. Length Trophy Fish Chart
  • Canadian Firearms Declaration Form:
    You will be required to fill out a temporary gun permit to bring firearms into Canada (Firearm Declaration Form). The fee is $25 payable at the border crossing.

    Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Forms are available by emailing, or by calling 1-800-731-4000 (Canada and U.S.) or 1-506-624-5380 (other countries) and from all Customs offices across Canada. Visit the RCMP web site for more information

    Note: Do not sign your declaration form until the customs agent asks you to.

    Crossing the Border:

    What you are allowed to bring into Canada
    You are allowed, per person, 1 litre (40oz) of alcohol or 1 case of 24 cans of beer, 1 carton of cigarettes, a reasonable amount of food for the number people vacationing, along with personal clothing and fishing equipment.

    What you are not allowed to bring into Canada
    You cannot bring into the country live bait in water, worms packed in earth, hand guns and unregistered firearms or mace and pepper spray. Vegetables grown in your garden will be allowed if there is no visible sign of dirt. All fruits and vegetables are to be in the packages they came in from the store. (potatoes in the bag)

    DUI Charges and Other Issues
    Our Canadian Immigration and Visitor regulations restrict persons with convictions that would be considered criminal charges in Canada to enter Canada. If you have had a DUI (driving under the influence) charge against you, and if it shows up on your records in the US (which can be accessed by our Customs & Immigration officers through co-operative agreements between the US and Canada) then you may be denied entry to Canada. Random checks are common. Changes to these restrictions have been made. A person with a one time offence that did not result in jail time is now allowed entry to Canada, with no application or fees.

    Helpful Border Crossing Information Sites

  • US State Department
  • Border Crossing
  • How to Get Here

    Please click here to download